Along with shooting formal pictures, nowadays, couples want some candid pictures as well. They want the guests and their photos to be natural. Even some couples go to the extent that they take the help of an image editing service to make sure everything is according to their heart.
They go for color correction services and background removal services so that the photos look as they wanted. They don’t leave any stone unturned to click a candid photo. So, as a photographer, you also have to be prepared well to click candid pictures. Here are some tips for clicking candid wedding photos.
- Be ready: The wedding photographer cannot take rest during the big day. You have to keep the camera and other equipment ready. Because on a wedding day you cannot predict what is going to happen. And you have to keep yourself ready all the time. Otherwise, you may miss an important shot.
- Use the right equipment: Being ready is not enough. Your photography equipment should be perfect. To get all the photos as couples demand, you have to keep some small cameras. Especially if you are looking for candid shots.
- Use a longer lens: Standing in front of the people is a big obstacle for taking candid shots. So you should spend some extra money on buying a longer lens. Because you may correct many things by color correction services, or background removal service but a longer lens will do a great job for you.
- Make a plan: Without a proper plan, all your hard work may go in vain. Candid photos are hard-won things. Without proper execution, they might seem fake. So, before going to shoot, make plans for shots. Make a camera shot list, talk to the couples in person. Take their suggestion and make a draft of what you are going to do.
- Keep shooting: On the wedding day, keep in mind that you have to keep shooting photos. Take as many photos as you can. Maybe out of ten photos, one or two photos will be as candid as you wanted.
- Target the groups: Groups should be one of your targets. Because the ladies talking to each other are a good source of candid photos. So, follow them.
- Follow the smiling faces: Smiling faces are the best type of candid photos. On wedding days you will find many people laughing with each other. So, don’t miss this opportunity. Follow the smiling faces secretly. Don’t disturb them, just take photos while they are smiling.
- Focus: In any type of work you need to focus on. Your success mostly will depend on this. Wedding photography is no exception. You have to focus on little movements, gestures of the couples, guests to make sure you are taking good candid photos.
Finally, I would hope these tips help you out. Do not rush, keep patience, and have faith in yourself. Candid photos need a deep level of concentration and focus to take the right images. So, keep working on it.