How to make time go by faster is an age-old question that we have been asking ourselves since our very childhood. You may already know how to make time go by faster than the speed of thought, but how do you keep that mental pace going? I am going to tell you how to make time go by faster by giving you some tips. This how to make time go by faster is based on studies and discoveries that have been made over the years, but I am sure if you keep this mind it will also be easier for you to put these tips into practice.
First of all, one of the most effective how to make time go by faster tips is to simply learn to focus on the present moment. By doing this, you are training your brain to know only what is happening right now and nothing else. The end result of this technique is a faster pace of thinking and decision making. You can actually control how you perceive time and get further into the future. Here s how:
– Focusing on the present eliminates boredom. One of the main causes of time wasted is boredom, especially in the workplace. If you find yourself in a deadlock with boring tasks, even for a few minutes, you will start feeling bored. Once you get bored you will start to procrastinate, meaning you will avoid doing certain tasks in order to prevent boredom. This how to make time go by faster by simply avoiding these tasks and focusing on the present.
– Get bored of anything is not advisable either. When you feel bored, there is no way that you can get through the day and complete all the tasks you have set. So, instead of getting bored, you have to use the boredom as a motivator to help you tackle problems. If you stay busy, you will be less likely to procrastinate and avoid doing the boring task. If you want to know how to make time go by faster, focus on what you have to do and accomplish rather than on the tasks you hate to do.
– Social media is a great way to stay busy and get more done. In today’s society, people tend to spend most of their time using computers. Instead of spending hours at a computer, you should allocate some time on social media sites such as Facebook, MySpace or Twitter. By having social media regularly, you will be able to keep in touch with your friends and loved ones. If you use this method, you will also be able to interact with your boss on social media sites which will boost your productivity and learn how to make time go by faster
– Have frequent breaks. The best way to break a task down into small portions is to take frequent breaks. By taking frequent breaks, you will be able to clear your mind of the stressful tasks and learn how to live with the distractions that life sometimes throws at you. So, instead of spending all day working on one task, learn how to break your projects down into several parts by taking frequent breaks.
– Learn how to relax. Sometimes, all you need to feel like time moving faster is a good book or a cup of tea. If you enjoy reading, it will help you go through the day with a greater sense of calm and focus. Similarly, if you enjoy drinking a hot cup of tea, you will find that you will be able to stay focused and do better at your tasks.
Yes, you can make your day go by faster if you simply learn how to refresh yourself and break tasks down into smaller parts. Learn how to turn boredom into enjoyment and you will never be stuck in a rut. Remember, your brain needs a break from time to time. So, when the time comes to rest, give your brain a vacation.
image credit GettyImages