So you’ve just hit the gym, and you’re in that post-workout euphoria. You’re feeling fantastic but does your skin look as good as you feel?
As much as sweat is your friend when it comes to shredding calories and staying in shape, it can also be your skin’s worst nightmare. It’s a well-known fact that sweat clogs the pores and can lead to breakouts. The real question is can you have it all – a killer workout and a glowing complexion?
Yes, ma’am, you can have it all without compromise – here’s how:
Before you start your exercise regime, prioritize ridding your face of all makeup and the days grime with a facial cleanser. It may seem counterproductive when you’re just going to have to clean your face after you workout anyhow but here’s the thing, if you don’t, makeup and sweat will mingle in your pores leading to acne. Why – because your pores when you exercise expand and let in this toxic party of two, so wash up and work out oh natural for radiant skin. The final thing to consider before you start warming up is whether you’ll be exercising outdoors if so, remember the SPF (either sunscreen or a light moisturizer with SPF will do).
- Clinique Pep-Start 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser (125mL): A great product to add to your gym bag. Not only will it whisk away makeup, but it’s also gentle enough to use twice daily and is 100% fragrance-free.
- Clinique Pep-Start Hydrorush Moisturizer SPF15 (50mL): Another addition to your gym bag of goodies, this lightweight moisturizer has an SPF of 15, perfect for those outdoor workouts. If you’re particularly vulnerable to sunburns, then try SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 (90mL) for better sun protection, plus it’s gentle and lightweight enough for daily wear.
During Your Workout
Skip the breakouts with these easy tips. Always workout with your hair up – strange right – well this is just another area where sweat and grease like to party, so keep those luscious locks off your face! If you’re at the gym and prone to acne, bring sanitizing wipes to clean off gym equipment before use. And of course, try not to touch your face with your sweaty palms and remember to drink plenty of fluids while you work to hydrate your skin. If you’re looking for an inner glow to match your skin’s outer glow, then pour yourself a protein shake by The Beauty Chef, part of their natural skincare products line.
- The Beauty Chef Collagen Inner Beauty Boost (500mL): Just 15mL of this into your filtered water or The Beauty Chef Glow Inner Beauty Powder (see below for details) and you’ll supercharge your skin. Featuring pre and probiotics this powder is formulated to boost collagen production for glowing skin from the inside out.
- The Beauty Chef Glow Inner Beauty Powder (500g): Certified organic chocolate or vanilla flavoured protein powder is rich in pre and probiotics as well as superfoods for a metabolic boost. Ideal for either gym or off days, it’s made to keep you full, give you energy, help build muscles and keep your immune system running at tip-top shape. Time to stock up!
After Your Workout
That’s a wrap, it’s time to hit the showers. Take a short, lukewarm shower instead of a hot one (it may strip your skin of natural oils) without delay – that means getting out of your sweaty clothing pronto so your skin can breathe. Finally, you want to finish your workout skincare routine by using a gentle facial cleanser and moisturizer – your skin’s had a hard day at the office too, so keep it light.
- Clinique Pep-Start 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser (125mL): Grab your Clinique once more for a gentle cleanse. Or reach for SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser (200mL), that like Clinique is mild enough to be used multiple times a day yet effective at removing makeup and impurities. This product really shines if you suffer from sensitive or problematic skin.
- SkinCeuticals Daily Moisture (60mL) or Emollience (60mL): The first is ideal for normal to oily skin types while the latter is made for sensitive or dry – pick your perfect match.
There’s no need to compromise killer workouts for vibrant skin, not when you can have your workout and gorgeous skin too! Yes, you can have it all! Follow this hassle-free pre, during and post workout guide every time and your skin will be just as flawless as your body.